2015年4月22日 星期三

高中英文:which/that/what關係代名詞


原文: http://bearwithprim.pixnet.net/blog/post/312118271-%E9%AB%98%E4%B8%AD%E8%8B%B1%E6%96%87%3Awhich-that-what%E9%97%9C%E4%BF%82%E4%BB%A3%E5%90%8D%E8%A9%9E

which 指人以外之生命,無生命者都可以用which
例句:
1. He likes the house which has many windows.
2. Where is the letter which I received yesterday?
3. I like the house which he lives in.

that 用法
  1. 先行詞是人或動物
  2. Who,which 開頭疑問句,為避免重複,用that
-Who is the man that has white hair?
-Which is the book that you borrowed from the library?
  1. It is…that 的強調用法
It is Columbus that discovered America in 1492.
  1. that前不可有介詞或逗點 (所以有介詞或逗點時要選who,which)
I will lend you the book, which is interesting.
I have two brothers, who live in Taipei.
想一想上面的規則,考考你:
-This is the house (in that/ in which) he lives. 選哪一個?
-I will lend you this book (, which/, that) is useful. 選哪一個?
正解:
   - in which   that前不可有介詞
-, which   that前不可有介詞或逗點
  1. that的瑣事: (這裡解釋了為什麼有時候必選that不可。)
-先行詞中有序數
Henry Ford was the first man that built cars.
-先行詞中有最高級
This is the most interesting book that I have ever read.
-先行詞中有the 家族 (the only 唯一;the very正式那個;the same同一個)
Man is the only animal that can speak.
This is the very book that I like very much.
-先行詞中有任何/全部/無一 (任何any/全部all/無一no)
Anyone that listens to him is a fool.
 what 用法
what = 先行詞+關係代名詞
what = the thing which
     = that which
     = all that

請把以下” 先行詞+關係代名詞” 改成what
因為使用what句子變簡短有力了。
 This is the thing which I need. = ? This is what I need.
Do you understand all that I said? = ? Do you understand what I said?
He saves all that he earned. = ? He saves what he earned.
The thing which he said is true. = ? What he said is true.

注意:
  1. 因為what本身已經有先行詞和關係代名詞的意義了,所以如果出現what,前面就不應該再出現先行詞,例如: that, the thing,…
  2. what 本身就可以當作主詞、受詞或補語,(which, that不同,which, that 只能當關係代名詞使用)

沒有留言: